For all Mac users, take screenshots on Mac is one of the greatest methods to save images of your favorite videos, conversations or almost everything you can see on your Mac screen. With those Mac screenshots, it is very convenient for you to share every moment on social networks or with your family and friends.
How to take screenshots on Mac? Indeed, screenshot is a useful feature and it’s necessary to learn how to take screenshots on Mac so that you can use the screenshot images for whatever you want. In this article, we will teach you how to take screenshots on Mac, including full-size screenshot, specific windows and custom area.
No matter it is for personal or work purpose, sometimes, you will be needing to take screenshots of the entire Mac screen. So, how to take screenshots on Mac in full size? You can follow these steps:
1. Open all the windows, tabs or applications you would like to include in the screenshot, and arrange them the way you like. Remember, the way the windows, tabs or applications are arranged on the screen will be captured and saved exactly as the way they look.
2. Now you can take screenshots of the entire Mac screen by pressing Command + Shift +3 at the same time. If you hear the sound of a camera click, it shows that your screenshot has been taken properly.
3. The screenshot of the entire Mac screen will be saved as .PNG file on the desktop, with the file title of the year, date and time that the screenshot was taken. Now, you can save, edit or share the screenshot of the entire Mac screen freely.
Sometimes, you may just want to screenshot some specific windows, instead of the entire Mac screen. There are some simple steps and clicks that allow you to make it.
1. Open the specific windows or application windows, and make sure they are shown on the Mac desktop properly.
2. Press Command + Shift +4 at the same time, then the cursor would turn into a crosshair.
3. Press Spacebar, and turn the crosshair into a camera cursor.
4. Move the camera cursor on the specific windows you want to take screenshots, and you will see the windows become blue, then click. The screenshots of the specific windows are captured and saved if you hear the camera click sound.
It’s easy and convenient for you to take screenshots of a custom area on Mac.
1. Press Command + Shift + 4 at the same time, and move the crosshair cursor at a corner of the area you want to screenshot, click and hold the left mouse button and drag the crosshair. And the crosshair will also show you the precise pixel data.
2. When you are satisfied with the screenshot area, you can just release the mouse button and the screenshot will be captured and saved in .PNG file on the desktop.
Copyright © 2017 IOTransfer.
All rights reserved. iPhone®, iPod®, Pad®, iTunes® and Mac® is trademarks of Apple Inc... IOTransfer is not a product or affiliate of Apple Inc.