How to Delete Instagram Account from iPhone - Disable Instagram Account Temporarily or Delete Instagram Account Permanently
- by Niko |Nov 28,2016..
For some reasons, you may want to temporarily disable your Instagram account or even delete it permanently. Is there any possible way to delete Instagram account from iPhone? How to delete Instagram account from iPhone directly?
Instagram is one of the most popular online mobile photo & video sharing apps that enables users to take, share photos and videos on the app publicly or privately. Currently, support for Instagram is available for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Android devices, Windows 10 mobile, and in 25 languages. According to the statistic, Instagram has reached 500 million monthly active users in 2016.
Instead of deleting Instagram APP from iPhone, the following article offers you detailed guide and help you figure out how to temporarily disable Instagram and delete your Instagram account from iPhone.
How to Delete Instagram Account from iPhone
No matter what your reasons are, you probably want to delete your Instagram account. According to Instagram policy, you are allowed to delete your Instagram account as you wanted to, but what the restriction is you just can’t complete the operation within the Instagram app.
To disable or delete Instagram account, you have to log into instgram.com from your iPhone browser to finish other steps. Remember, you can't disable or delete a Instagram account if you are not able to log into it. You can make it on the condition that you have the username as well as password.
Here’s how to temporarily disable and permanently delete Instagram account in detail.
How to Temporarily Disable Instagram
Note that when you choose to disable your Instagram account temporarily, your profile, photos, videos, likes and comments will be hidden until you reactivate your account. To disable Instagram account on iPhone,
1. Open your iPhone browser (eg: Safari), and log into instagram.com
2. Tap icon in the top right to enter your Instagram profile, and select Edit Profile
3. Scroll down, and click “Temporarily disable my account”, select a reason, and confirm your option by clicking “Temporarily Disable Account”.
Now, you disable your Instagram account temporarily from iPhone.
How to Delete Instagram Account Permanently
If you are not just looking to take a break, then you can delete your Instagram account permanentely instead.
1. Go to Instagram Delete Your Account page (https://www.instagram.com/accounts/remove/request/permanent/)
2. Select a reason from the drop-down menu and let Instagram know why you want to delete your Instagram account.
3. Re-enter your Instagram account password, click the red button “Permanently delete my account” and delete Instagram account permanently from iPhone.
Once you press the button, all of your photos, followers, comments, likes and other data will be deleted permanently and will not be recoverable.
*the above steps apply to iPad and iPod Touch as well
Now you know how to disable and delete Instagram account from iPhone. If you only want to delete the Instagram app, we suggest you to take advantage of IOTransfer, one of the best iOS file transfer and management software. In addition to transferring photos, videos and music easily, IOTransfer can also help you manage and delete apps safely.
Manage Your iDevice Now! Transfer Photos, Songs, Videos from iPhone/iPad/iPod to PC.Download Now
Supports Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP
- How to Print Screen on Mac >>
- How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Computer >>
- How to Import Videos from iPhone to Mac >>
- How to Use, Transfer and Delete Podcasts on iPhone >>
- How to Clear App Cache on iPhone >>