iPhone Tips: How to Block and Unblock a Number on iPhone
- by Niko |Aug 02,2016..
This article will not only show you how to block a number on iPhone, but also give you the step-by-step guide of how to unblock a number on iPhone.
Almost everyone receives unwanted calls on their iPhone devices, and frankly speaking, nuisance caller can be a serious issue. In fact, iOS system introduced the call-blocking feature since the iOS 7 release, and it allows users to restrict the specific communications and contacts received from the outside world, while some of the users still have no idea of how to get rid of this problem: how to block a number on iPhone?
If you have someone or some annoying numbers that you don’t want to receive calls or messages from, now we give you useful tips for how to block a number on your iPhone. Meanwhile, we will also show you how to unblock a number on iPhone, just in case you change your mind.
How to Block A Number on iPhone
How to block a number on your iPhone? Actually, it is very easy to block numbers on iPhone. No matter you want to block the phone numbers that have already been added to your contacts or those random prank calls, there are 2 ways available to help you out (model: iPhone 6 and iOS 10). Here's how to block a number on iPhone, follow the steps:
1. Go to Settings > Phone > Call Blocking & Identification > Block Contact, and select which phone numbers you want to block on your iPhone.
2. Go to Phone app > Recents, and tap the “i” icon to the right of the phone number you want to block. Scroll down and select “Block this Caller”, and then you will not receive phone calls, messages or FaceTime from it.
See, it's quite easy to block a number on iPhone. In this way, you can block a number on your iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, 5c, 5s, iPhone 6/6 Plus, iPhone 6s/6s Plus and iPhone 7/ 7 Plus. Let's go on with how to unblock a number on iPhone 4, iPhone 4s and more.
How to Unblock A Number on iPhone
How to unblock a number on iPhone? If you change your mind and want to remove phone numbers from the block list, there are also 2 simple ways to unblock a number on iPhone. Here's how to unblock a number on iPhone.
1. Go to Settings > Phone > Call Blocking & Identification. Tap Edit in the top right hand corner and tap the red delete button, or you can swipe left and unblock phone numbers.
2. Go to Phone app > Recents, you will see the call history list, and find the blocked phone numbers, tap the “i” icon to the right of it and tap “Unblock This Caller”. You just unblock a number on iPhone.
Now, you know how to block and unblock a number on your iPhone. Do not worry. People will not know that they are blocked. When they in your block list, they will be sent to voicemail, “Blocked Messages” folder directly when they call or text you.
Free to Manage and Transfer Files Between iOS Device and PC/Mac easily!Free Download
For Windows & Mac
- How to Print Screen on Mac >>
- How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Computer >>
- How to Import Videos from iPhone to Mac >>
- How to Use, Transfer and Delete Podcasts on iPhone >>
- How to Clear App Cache on iPhone >>