Contacts list is considered as one of the most important stuff stored on your iPhone. Indeed, unlike readjust settings or re-downloading applications, it could be really hard for you to rebuild the contact list of names, phone numbers, email addresses and etc. This is the main reason why you need to backup your iPhone contacts, just in case you need to restore it or transfer it to a new iPhone device. In the following, we’ll introduce multiple ways to backup your iPhone contacts easily.
Remember, iTunes does not allow you to backup your contacts selectively. If you make backup via iTunes, then you have to backup other data at the same time. But it’s ok, the backup process would be completed very quickly. Also, iTunes lets you encrypt your iPhone backup. Follow the steps below to backup iPhone contacts to iTunes.
1. Connect your iPhone to PC via a USB cable, and open iTunes (iTunes might open automatically once it detects the connection)
2. Click the iPhone icon and enter your iPhone control panel
3. Click “Back Up Now”, and backup your iPhone contacts to your PC/Mac
The whole process will be completed on your iPhone directly, if your choose backup the contacts to iCloud. Just follow these simple steps:
1. Go to Settings > iCloud, and make sure you toggle the "Contacts" slider ON
2. Choose Backup, turn on iCloud Backup, and tap “Back Up Now”
In this way, your contacts will be backed up and stored automatically to iCloud storage.
In addition to backing up your iPhone contacts to iTunes or iCloud, you can also backup it to your email accounts, such as Gmail, Yahoo!, Outlook, Exchange and others. Here, we take the Yahoo! Mail as an example.
1. Go to Settings > Mail > Accounts, and choose your Yahoo! Mail account. (you can add account if there is nothing that exists)
2. You will see Mail, Contacts, Calendars, Reminders and Notes options, and turn on the Contacts icon
Copyright © 2017 IOTransfer.
All rights reserved. iPhone®, iPod®, Pad®, iTunes® and Mac® is trademarks of Apple Inc... IOTransfer is not a product or affiliate of Apple Inc.